The purpose of this homework page is to inform parents of Washington Unified's homework expectations.
1. Homework reinforces student performance.
2. Homework reinforces classroom instruction in a variety of ways.
3. Homework allows use of resources that are available to the student.
4. Homework is not used as a punitive measure and requires completion within a reasonable amount of time.
5. Homework must be described in a site plan from every school and must be shared with parents in handbooks, at Back-to-School Night, etc.
1. Relates to lesson objectives and classroom instruction.
2. Prepares, reinforces, enriches, or extends learning.
3. Practices basic skills to promote immediate recall.
4. Matches the needs of the student.