- Student Enrollment Hub
- Aeries Parent/Student Portal
- Afterschool Child Care
- Bell Schedules
- Bus Schedules
- Community Notices
- Family Resource Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Lunch Menus
- Math Help (Secondary)
- Parent and Student Handbook
- Parent Involvement
- Special Education
- Technology Support
- Transfer Requests
- Yolo County Resources
- School Accountability Report Card (SARC)
If you have further questions, please contact:
Director of Curriculum, Instruction, and Professional Development
(916) 375-7604 ext. 1304
The purpose of this homework page is to inform parents of Washington Unified's homework expectations.
1. Homework reinforces student performance.
- Builds effective study skills.
- Develops student responsibility.
- Allows students to complete independently with/without parent involvement.
2. Homework reinforces classroom instruction in a variety of ways.
- Prepares for an upcoming lesson.
- Extends classroom lesson.
- Provides practice and review of learned concepts.
3. Homework allows use of resources that are available to the student.
4. Homework is not used as a punitive measure and requires completion within a reasonable amount of time.
5. Homework must be described in a site plan from every school and must be shared with parents in handbooks, at Back-to-School Night, etc.
Characteristics of Effective Homework
1. Relates to lesson objectives and classroom instruction.
2. Prepares, reinforces, enriches, or extends learning.
3. Practices basic skills to promote immediate recall.
4. Matches the needs of the student.
Grading of Homework
Teachers will allow for make-up of missed homework under reasonable conditions (i.e. absences, family emergencies, etc.). The teacher will give a reasonable time frame for make-up work completion and the amount of credit to be given.