- Students & Families
- Aeries Parent/Student Portal
- Afterschool Child Care
- Bell Schedules
- Bullying / Cyberbullying Prevention
- Bus Schedules
- Community Notices
- Family Resource Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Lunch Menus
- Math Help (Secondary)
- Parent Involvement
- Parent and Student Handbook
- School Accountability Report Card (SARC)
- Special Education
- Student Rights & Resources
- Non-Discrimination Statement 1
- Definition of Sexual Harassment 1
- Definition of Sexual Discrimination
- Student Sexual Harassment Policy
- Student Rights Under Title IX - SB 1375
- Williams Uniform Complaint Procedures/Annual Notice
- Bullying/Cyberbullying Prevention
- Suicide Prevention
- Married/Pregnant/Parenting Students
- Technology Support
- Transfer Requests
- Williams Uniform Complaint Procedures
- Yolo County Resources
Math Help (Secondary)
For Math 6, Pre-Algebra, Algebra I, Geometry & Algebra II
For the Parent Resources Online, go to http://go.hrw.com and type MA8CA Parent in the box labeled GO resources at the bottom of the left menu.
The student resources are even better. When you put MA8CA and the Lesson number into the GO resources box, you get the page from the book.
If you click on the VIDEO link on the website you get a video of Professor Edward Burger explaining how to do the particular kind of problem. There is a whiteboard space where you can see what he's writing down. Professor Burger is a good explainer, and some students really benefit from hearing the explanation again at home.
In addition to the VIDEO link, there's a PRACTICE link. This link takes you to a series of problems presented in multiple choice quiz format. When a student selects a wrong answer, corrective feedback appears.
It is worth spending some time exploring the online resources. We have Holt math from Math 6 through Algebra II, and the resources are very similar for the different courses. We believe our teachers made an outstanding choice when they selected this series because it is very user friendly and will benefit both top math students and students who struggle with math.