skip to main content

Transfer Requests

Student Services Office is open Monday through Friday 7:30am -4:00pm.  For questions regarding the transfer process, please contact Isabel Mejia at 916-375-7600 ext 1370. You can print transfer form from out links below or pick up one at the District Office 930 Westacre Rd. You may also email it to Isabel:
Please review all of the information below to make sure that you are following the correct procedure. 

What is an Intra & Inter - district Transfer? 

An Intradistrict transfer refers to currently enrolled WUSD students who would like to transfer to another WUSD school other than the one assigned boundary to their home address.
An Interdistrict transfer is used when families wish to enroll their student(s) in a school district other than the one assigned to their home address. This applies to students trying to transfer into and out of Washington Unified School District (WUSD).  


Intradistrict Transfer

Transfer of student from one school to another school within the WUSD district

  •  No student currently residing within a school's attendance area shall be displaced by an intradistrict transfer student. (EC 35160.5)
  • All students making a first request for an intradistrict transfer must first enroll at their school of residence. Once enrolled, parent/legal guardian may apply for an intradistrict transfer. Parents/guardians are required to fill out an Intradistrict Form to indicate that they wish to transfer their student to another school and return the form to the Office of Student and Family Support Services at the District Office.  Students currently on an intradistrict transfer must submit in writing their intent to continue in the school where they have enrolled.  Continuing intradistrict transfer students will be considered before new applicants.  However, continuing intradistrict transfer students may be subject to displacement due to excessive enrollment by students residing within a school's attendance area.
  • Priority will be given to students based on the following criteria:  (a) student has a sibling at that school (b) students whose parent/legal guardian is assigned to that school as his/her primary place of employment.
  • Parents/guardians who submit applications will be considered based on available space and date of application. (First come, first serve basis).  If no space is available the student is placed on a waiting list.  Transfers are granted as space becomes available up until winter break of that school year. No transfers will be made after winter break. If your transfer was not granted due to lack of space parents may fill out a new transfer for the upcoming school year.
  • Parents/guardians will be informed by a telephone call when the transfer is granted.
  • Transportation is the responsiblity of the parent/guardian to get their student to the requested school.
  • Transfer requests that are approved are with the condition that the Intradistrict Transfer student may be displaced to their school of residence if an incoming resident student enrolls and no space is available.
  Download and Complete an Intra-Dristrict Transfer Request Form: Intradistrict Transfer Request Form

Leaving WUSD_Interdistrict Transfer

Transfer of student from one school district to another school district. Students living within WUSD broundaries transferring to another district. 

Application for Interdistrict Transfer (ITP) 

Families may apply for a school outside of the Washington Unified School District by compling the ITP form above and emailing a scanned copy to or coming to the District office, Student and Family support services department at 930 Westacre Road and filling out the Interdistrict Transfer form.  

Interdistrict Transfer Outside of WUSD

Transfer of student from one school district to another school district

We are please to welcome students from all areas of our community. If you live outside of the West Sacramento, Washington Unified School District (WUSD) boundaries, you will need to complete an Interdistrict Transfer Permit (ITP) application. Contact your District of Residence to complete the necessary forms. Once your home district approves your transfer, you may submit your district's approved, signed Interdistrict Transfer Application to the WUSD Student Services Department for review and approval.  This application must be filled out each new school year. 
This interdistrict transfer agreement must be filled out every year except for parents/guardians who work in West Sacramento. Once their initial interdistrict transfer agreement has been approved WUSD becomes their district of residence as long as parent/guardian works in West Sacramento.  
Along with your Interdistrict Transfer Application, please submit: 
  • Your students' most current grades
  • Your student's record of attendance
  • Your student's behavior/discipline records from their most recent school
  • Special Education Services? must attach most recent IEP