- Role of the Board
- Board Meetings
- Title IX
Washington Unified School District (WUSD) is governed by an elected five-member Board of Education. The Board Trustees are elected at large by the community to four-year terms. Terms are staggered so that two or three seats are up for election every two years.
The Board of Education welcomes you to be an active part of WUSD. Public participation and open communication help our District understand how you feel about the challenges facing our schools.
The primary responsibilities of the Board of Education are to:
- Hear the views of the public
- Set district policies and goals
- Decide how to prioritize and spend the district's funds
- Keep in touch with other school boards and government bodies
- Approve contracts
- Establish curriculum and standards