Grade Level & Program Information
WUSD offers a free preschool program serving children who reside in West Sacramento. The program is offered Monday to Friday for three hours a day with a morning and afternoon session. Your child is eligible for preschool if their 3rd or 4th birthday falls on or before December 1st, 2022.
Universal TK (UTK)
The WUSD Universal Transition Kindergarten (UTK) program serves as a bridge between preschool and traditional kindergarten, offering age and developmentally appropriate curriculum for our youngest students. Learn more about the program.
You child is eligible for UTK if their 5th birthday falls on or between:
2022-2023 (current school) September 2, 2022 - February 2, 2023
2023-2024 (August 2023) September 2, 2023 - April 2, 2024
2022-2023 (current school) Age Eligibility: 5th birthday fall on or before September 1, 2022
2023-2024 (August 2023) Age Eligibility: 5th birthday fall on or before September 1, 2023
Spanish Dual Immersion
WUSD offers an award-winning Dual Immersion program available to NEW Kindergarden enrollments. Learn more about the Spanish Dual Immersion program.
To Apply for Spanish Dual Immersion Kindergarten:
- Register student with WUSD CLICK HERE TO REGISTER WITH WUSD ONLINE
- Select "Elkhorn Village" as your home school.
- Select "Dual Immersion Program" from the Supplemental Questions list.
- Once you have completed WUSD Registration, then complete the Dual Immersion Application. CLICK HERE TO COMPLETE DUAL IMMERSION APPLICATION ONLINE.
- Elkhorn Village staff will contact you directly.
River City High School
River City High School (RCHS) is the one and only comprehensive high school supporting all youth throughout the City of West Sacramento. For more information, visit the RCHS website or call (916) 375-7800 ext. 2068.
In addition, students must complete a Course Request Sheet for the grade level they will be when attending, see below. Course offerings will be subject to availability. Testing may be required for placement.
2023/2024 Scheduling Information:
Step by Step Scheduling Information for incoming 9th graders (current 8th graders)
Informacion de programacion paso a paso pare estudiantes de 9 grado (actual 8 grado)
Step by Step Scheduling Information for 10th -12th graders
Informacion de programacion paso a paso para estudiantes de 10 a 12 grado
View the RCHS 2022-2023 Course Catalog
View the RCHS Course Catalog in Spanish: 2022-2023 Catalogo de Cursos
Incoming Freshmen (Class of 2027) Registration Course Request Sheet
Sophomore (Class of 2026) Registration Course Request Sheet
Junior (Class of 2025) Registration Course Request Sheet
Senior (Class of 2024) Registration Course Request Sheet
To register for the current 2022-2023 or 2023-2024 school year Click here to Register Online!
Washington Middle College HS
Washington Middle College High School (WMCHS) is a high school that offers a combination of high school and college courses as its curricular program through a process called "dual enrollment." Learn more about WMCHS.
Enrollment in WMCHS is limited. To begin, please submit an Enrollment Request HERE before registering online.
Virtual Academy (WUVA)
Washington Unified Virtual Academy (WUVA) provides online learning options for all students in grades K-8 to achieve their potential and acquire the skills necessary for College and Career Readiness.
To enroll at WUVA, please see the
- If you are a current WUSD student, you will need to fill out an Intra-District Transfer Request Form.
- If you reside in West Sacramento but are not a current WUSD Student, please start by filling out an Intra-District Transfer Request Form from your "home"/residence school to WUVA.
- If you reside outside of West Sacramento, you need to fill out an Interdistrict Transfer Premit (ITP) application from your school district of residence and bring it WUSD school district office.
If you have questions, please call Student Services Department at 916-375-7600 ext. 1370