skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions

 Involving Students and Engaging Parents
Below are a list of questions frequently asked by parents within the District regarding:
- Aeries Student Information System
- Special Services / Special Education
- Student and Family Support Services
Aeries FAQ's for Parents

Aeries FAQ's for Parents

In August 2015, WUSD began using the Aeries Student Information System. For parents, Aeries allows for online access to student grades, attendance, and other contact information as it relates to their child.

Where can I access Aeries?
From any computer with internet access.  The web address:

How do I create an account?
Provide the school with your email address on the student registration paperwork, or by contacting the Aeries site coordinator at your child's school site. Their school site will mail out a letter to your residence with the access code provided. Once you receive the access code, you will have access to Aeries.

Do I need an email address?
Yes. Aeries accounts are based on email addresses. If you do not have one, you can get a free email account at

Can more than one parent/guardian have an account to access student data?
Yes, just as long as they each have their own email address. Please note that the access code provided by your school site must be shared by parent/guardian.

Can my student view Aeries information?
Students can set up their own account, but will need their own email address to gain access.

I have more than one student in WUSD; how do I access the information for all of my children?
Create a portal account for one of your children and login to that account.  At the top right hand side of the screen, there is an option that allows you to add an additional student to your account.

What should I do if I forget my password?
There is a password lookup option on Aeries login screen. Enter your email and click on "Forgot Password" and an email will be sent to you, allowing you to reset your password.

What information can I view on Aeries?
Gradebook data for most teachers, daily attendance, standardized test score data, transcripts and contact information.

Can I update my child's information online using Aeries?
No. However, any information update for your child can be done at their school site. For additional information, please contact your child's school for further assistance with information updates relating to your child.

How long will it take for assignments and test grades to be entered into a teacher's gradebook?
This can vary by teacher and assignment. For larger assignments, the turnaround time for the grade to be posted may take a little longer. As a recommendation, allow at least one week for any assignment to be posted and an additional week for major tests or projects.

Special Services / Special Education FAQ's

Special Services / Special Education FAQ's

We are new to the school district and my child has an Individualized Education Program or an IEP.  How do I register my child for school if my child has an IEP?

If you know your child’s resident school, you may register at that school or you may visit Student Services at the District Office to register.  At the same time, please bring a copy of your child’s IEP to the Special Services Department where the Program Specialist will review and determine class and program placement in the District.  If you do not have a copy of your child’s IEP, contact Special Services with information about your child’s previous school so that records can be requested. 

How do I get a copy of my child’s IEP or confidential records?

For a copy of your child’s IEP, please contact the Special Services Department. Parents have the right to a copy of their child’s confidential records, as does the child upon reaching the age of 18. If a student is moving from WUSD to another District, that District will request records from Washington Unified’s Special Services Department.

My child is a preschooler, and I would like a speech assessment completed to see if he/she requires speech services. Who do I contact?

To request a speech assessment, contact the Special Services Department. An Intake Referral form will be completed to collect data about the child and the parents’ concerns. The Special Services Department will forward the request to the Speech Therapist at Alyce Norman Preschool. The Speech Therapist will contact the parent to set up an assessment time with both the parent and child.

My child is a K-8 student, and I would like a speech assessment completed to see if he/she requires speech services. Who do I contact?

Contact the Speech Therapist at your school site.

My child has already been medically diagnosed and needs speech services. Why do I need to have the District Speech Therapist reassess my child before I can receive services?

In order for the District to offer and provide speech services to a student, diagnosis must come from the licensed Speech Therapists on staff with the District.

I believe that my child needs to be tested for a learning disability. Who do I contact?

Please contact the School Psychologist.

My child has been approved to receive services and now has an Individualized Education Program (IEP). I have many questions about IEPs and services. Where do I find answers to these questions?

Contact the Case Manager with questions you might have. You may also call the Special Services Department for help and support or access this link to the WUSD website and the Special Services page.

Student and Family Support Services FAQ's

Student and Family Support Services FAQ's

How do I transfer my student to a different school within WUSD?
  • No student currently residing within a school's attendance area shall be displaced by an intra-district transfer student. (EC 35160.5)
  • All students making a first request for an intra-district transfer must first enroll at their school of residence. Once enrolled, parent/legal guardian may apply for an intra-district transfer. Parents/guardians are required to fill out an intra-district form to indicate that they wish to transfer their student to another school. Return the form to the Office of Student and Family Support Services at the District Office.  Students currently on an intra-district transfer must submit in writing their intent to continue at the school where they are enrolled.  Continuing intra-district transfer students will be considered before new applicants.  However, continuing intra-district transfer students may be subject to displacement due to excessive enrollment by students residing within a school's attendance area.
  • Priority will be given to students based on the following criteria:  (a) student has a sibling at that school, and (b) students whose parent/legal guardian is assigned to that school as his/her primary place of employment.
  • Parents/guardians who submit applications will be considered based on available space and date of application on a first come-first serve basis.  If no space is available, the student is placed on a waiting list.  Transfers are granted up until winter break of the current school year as space becomes available. No transfers will be made after winter break. If your transfer was not granted due to lack of space, parents may fill out a new transfer form for the upcoming school year.
  • Parents/guardians will be notified by phone when the transfer is granted.
  • Transportation is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to get their student to the requested school.
  • Transfer requests that are approved are with the condition that the Intra-district transfer student may be displaced to their school of residence if an incoming resident student enrolls and no space is available. 
What’s my school of residence?
 Families can locate their school of residence by going to the WUSD website and using the “About WUSD” tab and looking for the School Locator link. Once in the School Locator system, type in the student’s residence address and the system will identify their school of residence.
Where do I enroll my student?
 If families are attempting to enroll their student(s) during the summer, go to the WUSD District Office,Student Services Department, located at 930 Westacre Road. During the regular school year, families can go directly to their school of residence to enroll their student(s).